ClickHeat | Clicks heatmap
ClickHeat is a visual heatmap of clicks on a HTML page, showing hot and cold click zones. ClickHeat is an OpenSource software, released under GPL licence, and free of charge.
- on the server: either Linux or Windows (since ClickHeat 1.3 release), Apache or Lighttpd (other may work fine), PHP, the graphic library GD2 (PNG support needed). Please post on the bug tracker or contact us (link at the bottom of the page) if you have problem running ClickHeat.
- Low logging activity: a very few function calls to log a click, no server load rise should be noticed (have a look at Performance & optimization)
- Screen sizes and browsers are logged, making possible the tracking of liquid CSS layouts (100% used width).
A ClickHeat demo is available (with real data from this website's clicks). Sign in with the user demo and its password demo.
The latest stable version is 1.14.
Here are some developments to come in the next releases:
- add database (MySQL) support?
- improve speed rendering using virtual squares (avoid looking at empty zones)
- correct truncated dots in heatmaps (between 2 images of the heatmap)
- limit tracking to a defined percentage of clicks